High BP is one of the biggest health risks that face the global population today. In order to control high blood pressure, one needs to reduce the sodium intake in his diet. So check out a list of natural and nourishing healthy foods that you must add on to your diet today itself!
1) Beetroot – Beetroot is said to be rich in nitrates which relax blood vessels and improves the blood flow. One glass of beet juice can yield 5 point drop in blood pressure.
2) Orange – Orange is vitamin-rich food that helps to lower your blood pressure. A glassful of orange juice is highly rich in fiber and vitamin C.
3) Broccoli – According to a research broccoli sprouts help to reduce blood pressure. Broccoli sprouts are high in compounds that may help reduce damage to arteries, which may play a role in high blood pressure.
4) Bananas – Rich in blood pressure lowering potassium, banana is low in sodium. You can add bananas to your cereal, cake, milkshakes, bread etc.
5) Avocados – Avocados can reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol level. They are considered essential for heart health.
6) Carrots – The cure for high BP might be one carrot away! It also helps in maintaining normal blood pressure while regulating heart and kidney functions.
7) Watermelon – Heart health-promoting food which incorporates all nutrients which have blood pressure lowering effects.