Filling your plate with colourful fruits and veggies doesn’t just enhance your plate’s look but also provides nutritious vitamins and minerals which are necessary for your body’s proper functioning. Read on to know which colourful fruits and veggies you must add to your daily meals everyday.
- Red – Cherries: Cherries are packed with antioxidants and offer many health benefits including help with insomnia, joint pain and belly fat. Risk of arthritis, heart disease and cancer is reduced by cherries which fight inflammation.
- Green – Broccoli: It is a known fact that greens are rich in minerals and vitamins. They too fight viruses and bacteria present in the body. They also aid in protecting the immune system. Green veggies are packed with fibre and water and so are low in sugars. Veggies like green beans, cabbage, spinach, cucumber help to regulate the blood sugar levels in the body throughout the day.
- Blue – Blueberries: Foods that are blue in colour contain a phytonutrient called anthocyanins that are loaded with antioxidants. Antioxidants are great for immunity of the body. Blue and purple foods are extremely nutritious in nature but we generally don’t include them in our daily meals. Blackberries, blueberries, grapes, plums, eggplants are some of the blue foods that you must include in your diet.
- White – Banana: Don’t discount white foods when it comes to a healthy diet. Foods with white flesh such as bananas, apples, pears and cauliflower may keep strokes away. Garlic lowers the risk of cancer and helps in reduction of blood pressure.
- Orange – Sweet Potatoes: Orange fruits and vegetables get their colour from beta-carotene an antioxidant that converts to Vitamin A in our bodies. The substance protects the body from UV rays and helps to prevent vision loss. Sweet potatoes help to lose weight, treat asthma and bronchitis.
- Yellow – Pineapple: Pineapple supplies bromelain, which helps with indigestion, reduces inflammation and prevents heart disease. Bromelain is also said to have Cancer-fighting properties. Vitamin C present in yellow foods helps in improving your eye health and reduces the risk of macular degeneration.